This is a collection of photos by our very own 6th grade G period students. In these photos, you can see the outline of square-looking shapes within the elodea leaf called “cells.” In some of them, you can also see yet other structures–little green circles. If you think you know what these small green circles are and what they do, please share your answers by using the comment feature below. Click on any of the circles to see them in a different photo viewing mode.
Photo of the Week
- What did you say? Fabric masks can really muffle voices January 20, 2021
- Explainer: Insects, arachnids and other arthropods January 19, 2021
- Honeybees fend off deadly hornets by decorating hives with poop January 19, 2021
- A 'super-puff' planet like no other January 18, 2021
- 2020 tied for warmest year on record, NASA analysis shows January 15, 2021
- COVID-19 reduced U.S. life expectancy, especially among Black and Latino populations January 14, 2021