Rather than list all of the important course policies on a single webpage, Dr. Merritt provides access to a living, breathing, comprehensive digital COURSE HANDBOOK for use by students and parents.
Think of this online document as a traditional course syllabus…only bigger, better, faster, stronger.
By clicking on the link above, which is current undergoing revisions for the 2017-18 school year, you will find answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- What materials do I need to bring with me to class on the first day of school?
- What topics will I study this year?
- What types of assignments can I expect in this class?
- How much time will I have to spend on my assignments outside of school?
- How will my assignments be graded?
- What happens if I turn in an assignment after the due date?
- What kind of feedback can I expect from my teacher? How often?
- What types of assessments can I expect in this class?
- How will my final grade be determined?
- What are the standards and rules for behavior in this class?
- How, when and where can I get extra help if I need it?
…and many more.