Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Dr. M's Photo of the Week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Mars: Oxygen-rich, life-supporting liquid water? October 22, 2018
- Mystery of how black widow spiders create steel-strength silk webs further unravelled October 22, 2018
- Breathing through the nose aids memory storage October 22, 2018
- Teens use Juul e-cigarettes much more often than other vaping products October 23, 2018
- Plants engineered to always be on alert don’t grow well October 22, 2018
- Untitled October 22, 2018