Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Photo of the Week
- Scientists Say: Dinosaur April 19, 2021
- Earth as you’ve never seen it before April 19, 2021
- Surfing the winds would make future jet travel greener April 16, 2021
- NASA's Ingenuity Mars Helicopter succeeds in historic first flight April 19, 2021
- Tarantula's ubiquity traced back to the Cretaceous April 16, 2021
- COVID-19: Scientists identify human genes that fight infection April 16, 2021