Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Dr. M's Photo of the Week
- New research may alter what we know about how tornadoes form January 14, 2019
- Supercell: It’s the king of thunderstorms January 15, 2019
- Distant volcano could turn Americans’ lunar eclipse dark red January 16, 2019
- Saturn hasn't always had rings January 17, 2019
- How to rapidly image entire brains at nanoscale resolution January 17, 2019
- Scientists find increase in asteroid impacts on ancient Earth by studying the Moon January 17, 2019