Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Dr. M's Photo of the Week
- Genes, ozone, and autism June 23, 2017
- The mere presence of your smartphone reduces brain power, study shows June 23, 2017
- Lowering health risks of cannabis use with new public health guidelines June 23, 2017
- This glass frog wears its heart for all to see June 23, 2017
- Scientists spy on the secret inner life of bacteria June 22, 2017
- Flight demands may have steered the evolution of bird egg shape June 22, 2017