Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Photo of the Week
- Some identical twins don’t have the exact same DNA January 22, 2021
- Can people protect as much space as nature needs? January 21, 2021
- What did you say? Fabric masks can really muffle voices January 20, 2021
- Astronomers discover first cloudless, Jupiter-like planet January 21, 2021
- Saturn's tilt caused by its moons, researchers say January 21, 2021
- Butterfly wing clap explains mystery of flight January 21, 2021