Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Dr. M's Photo of the Week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Mathematicians solve age-old spaghetti mystery August 13, 2018
- Scarlet macaw DNA points to ancient breeding operation in Southwest August 13, 2018
- When it comes to regrowing tails, neural stem cells are the key August 13, 2018
- A new computer program generates eerily realistic fake videos August 14, 2018
- Scientists-turned-students guide viewers through ‘The Most Unknown’ August 14, 2018
- Tiny bits of RNA can trigger pain and itchiness August 13, 2018