Depending on the science, collecting specimens may involve hunting or trapping (in the case of ‘wild’ organisms), raising, cultivating, and/or growing (in the case of domesticated organisms), or other acts of gathering (e.g., taking photographs of clouds or picking up small rocks).
Dr. M's Photo of the Week
- Cuba’s pristine coral reefs inspire American science educators August 11, 2017
- Send our STEM superheroes to SXSW EDU August 11, 2017
- Leveling the playing field: Lending labs bring high-tech equipment to classrooms August 2, 2017
- Eclipses show wrong physics can give right results August 17, 2017
- Embryos kill off male tissue to become female August 17, 2017
- How an itch hitches a ride to the brain August 17, 2017